Friday 27 August 2021

 PUBLISHING MY POETRY

 

 

Throughout my life I have always loved poetry especially poems on the countryside, its fauna and flora and the people who live and work in it. 

A person’s vision living in the fens is two thirds sky in an ever-changing panorama.

Maybe the openness of the fens with its vast skies under which I have lived all my life has made me tend to gaze into another world, a poetic world. 

I was discouraged to take poetry seriously always being told there is so little demand or financial reward for it, and difficult to find a publisher anyway.

Having reached the age of eighty-one, with four books on the fens published I decided to published my poetry collection before it is too late. 

 

I accept it will not be for monetary gain, but a poetic record of my life as a countryman in a land my ancestors have lived and farmed in for over three centuries.

Eccentric maybe, extravagant yes, reckless could be, self-satisfying  yes. 

When published my poems  will be on record should anyone wish to read them ? if not there will at least be a copy in the British Library under an ISBN No. 



There are four sections to the collection 

 

MY HOMELAND THE FENS

Thirty-five poems

 

FEN FAUNA AND FLORA

Twenty-five poems

 

TIME AND TIMELINESS ‘friends family and pets’

Twenty-three poems

 

STEPPING OFF THE FEN AND STEPPING BACK

Thirteen poems

 

The book will be available in October 

direct from,

My printers and distributers York Publishing Services.

Link available in Oct

YPS also supply Amazon and any retailers and wholesalers who wish to sell the book.

No comments: